BETWEEN THE WAVES MUSIC CONFERENCE SERIES ANNOUNCEDApril 18, 2017
MADISON, WIS. - The inaugural Between The Waves Madison Music Festival & Conference, happening June 15th - 18th at the University of Wisconsin's Gordon Dining & Event Center, has announced its conference schedule and speaker roster.
The conference's mission - to teach musicians how to make a living within 100 miles of their home - is realized with three days of expert instruction on all facets of the music industry. Keynote speakers include:
- Paul Broucek - President, Music, Warner Bros. Pictures - discussing licensing and music for film, his projects include the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, the "Austin Powers" film, and much more.
- Butch Vig - producer, mixer, composer, and multi-instrumentalist, member of the double-platinum band Garbage, and producer of seminal grunge recordings such as Nirvana's Nevermind - discussing production and working in the music industry.
- David Spero - broadcasting legend, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame VP, and manager to numerous rock-n-roll legends - discuss life on the road.
- Nancy Moran - artist, touring singer/songwriter, and artist development coach - providing instruction on how to design, develop and pursue an authentic (and profitable) music career.
"We are thrilled with the instructor lineup so far, 16 speakers teaching 33 classes over 3 days," says BTW Founder Roy Elkins of Broadjam. "These are some of the most influential people in the music industry and we are very fortunate they are coming to Madison to share their knowledge with us."
The three-day multi-track conference will cover a variety of topics important to musicians and people interested in the music industry. Session leaders are all expert industry veterans. Samples of topics and instructors:
- Working With A Manager - Aaron Frank
- Marketing Your Band with Social Media - Dexter Paterson
- Get the Most Out Of Your DAW - Craig Anderton
- Production Techniques - DJ Pain
A comprehensive list of conference topics and speakers can be found at: http://www.btwmadison.com/schedule
#ThisIsMadison #TheWorldNeedsToKnowView all press items